Friday, September 2, 2011

Wednesday news and jokes from the othr end

   I have things, mostly sophmoric jokes, running in my mind so most of this entry will be along those lines.
   On chemo eve, I felt good and actually had my first bike ride, an easy 7 miles, since the last chemo.  Intestinally things have improved the first three days this week as we have changed my diet and increased various pill usage.
   Wed. night Linda and I were thinking about the receiving line at the wedding and Linda suggested that I wear rubber gloves to avoid physical contact with people.  I added that I could wear a sign on my chest that said, "FREE RECTAL EXAMS".  We had a lot of laughs thinking of many things I could do. As it turns out there won't be a receiving line at the wedding.  Also, I an having a shot on Tuesday that will restore my white cell blood count and alleviate the added risk of infection from direct contact although hopefully anyone not feeling 100% will have the good sense to not touch or cough on me.
   Anyway, the joke above reminded me that the first doctor to perform such an exam on me was Dr. Bendersky, whom I forever after referred to as Dr. Bendoversky.  Also, I always referred to a sigmoidoscopy as a half-assed procedure.
   That's it for the sixth grade level jokes.  Whoops, I got one more from Kinky Friedman, the comedian, singer (Kinky Friedman and the Jew Boys with the hit "They Don't Make Jews Like Jesus Anymore"), mystery writer, and unsuccessful Texas gubernatorial candidate.  Mr. Jones who is extremely overweight goes to his doctor for a routine visit.  The doctor performs a rectal exam and reports, "I'm sorry to tell you this, Mr. Jones, but they've built a Starbucks up your ass."
   That's it for now.  A more serious entry to follow maybe later today.  I didn't sleep well last night which Linda attributes to the steroid pills I have to take through Saturday and received intravenously yesterday and remembered to take last night.  I actually was lucky to have forgotten to take them Wed. night, when I was supposed to start, and had a good night's sleep.
Elkan - tired on Friday morning


No comments:

Post a Comment