Monday, September 12, 2011

Sorry, but more on the wedding

    I forgot two of the most important parts of the wedding.  One of the major highlights for Linda and me was seeing and speaking with so many good friends and family members and receiving many compliments and good wishes from them. 
   The other critical item is that Dave Smith and Rachel Katz will hereafter be known as the husband/wife team of Dave and Rachel Darwin.  When Rachel Abigail was 13, she changed her name from Abby to Rachel and gave Linda and me at most 24 hours to use her new name.  She was more tolerant of others.
   As to my health over the weekend, I was pretty good at the rehearsal but tired and not up to eating and skipped the Rehearsal Dinner on Friday night.  Consequently, Linda and Rachel wanted me confined to my room during the day on Saturday but I did manage to escape in the afternoon and go for a short walk outside and talk to Dave in the lobby.  Dave had been banned from his room so as not to see Rachel before the wedding but Linda and I sneaked Dave up to our room for conversation and watching tennis.  Fortunately, we had been upgraded to a suite so I could rest part of the time in the bedroom while Dave and Linda were in the other room.  As the day wore on, I didn't wear out and was actually in good shape for the wedding.  Other than sitting a lot and not eating, I was fine throughout the whole wedding. And even better on Sunday, where I was able to sneak several pieces of delicious crisp bacon at the brunch with no ill effects.
   I mentioned in the previous blog some contributions of my brother.   The very nice tuxedo I wore was a hand me down, about 10 or 15 years ago, from my once Little Brother.
   Thinking about the Father Bride dance, reminded me that when Rachel was an infant and I would change her diaper at home, I would sing "Rock Around the Clock" to her and call her Sir Dancealot of the Knights of the Changing Table.
   Apropos of nothing other than my sleep deprived mind and thoughts of ballroom dancing, couldn't you call a place where people cry a Bawlroom?
Elkan - sleepless in Philly, 8 a.m.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment