I've had my best string of days during a chemo cycle, except for my worse days of sleep ever. It's been about a week or more that I'm still waking up in the middle of the night and being unable to fall back to sleep even though no space aliens are interfering with my bodily functions. Unfortunately, yesterday, while walking home from errands with Linda and about two hours before I was planning on a bike ride to see a Danish tall ship down by the river, I got severe pain in my left calf (not a cramp) which changed to just some soreness after a few minutes and stayed for the rest of the day, precluding any risk of a bike ride. Eleanor, our NP, didn't think it was related to any medicine. It occurred to me after talking to her that maybe it was a recurrence from one of the chemo drugs that did cause mild calf soreness for a few days after the infusion. It seems pretty much better so far today but I haven't been out walking yet.
Since my next chemo is Thursday and is Rosh Hashanah, I was wondering if Sandy Koufax would have skipped chemo on the high holidays, but I think he played on Rosh Hashanah and just skipped playing on Yom Kippur.
Linda continues to be amazing. I'll see her on her Ipad and ask her what she's reading and it turns out she's researching foods and pill reactions for me. She spends a lot of time trying to get me to eat the right foods or concoctions, but unfortunatley, my pickiness often thwarts her.
Last night an NHL hockey player complained that an opponent called him a homosexual slur during the game. Is it my imagination or wouldn't you expect these guys to do this many times during a game?
I assume that many of you are familiar with the term NIMBY - not in my backyard - for various building projects. I recently found the note where I had written down the less familiar term I came across: BANANA - Build absolutely nothing anywhere near anybody.
Lastly, while I didn't intend to do more atheist stuff, I did come across the other day a quote I like. Some religious people like to put down atheism by calling it a religion even though atheism is based on science and evidence and not blind faith. Some guy BenB said, "Atheism is a religion like 'off' is a TV channel."
I would appreciate it if occasionally some of you would send me feedback if there's something you expecially like or dislike in the blog. Take care.
Elkan - Tuesday morning
I wonder if Avery responded w/N-Word everyone would just b saying that what Simmond said on the ice was grown ups in a heated conversation?
ReplyDeleteUltimately, I agree with the people who say you can't punish someone if you can't prove they said it. It's just a precedent that could be too easily abused. But I think we can all take heart that this at least did become something of an issue. Plus, all the professional sports teams who are joining the It Get's Better campaign. I think it is true that homophobic comments are probably thrown around an awful lot in professional sports -- but I take heart that more and more people are taking issue with it.
ReplyDelete