Warning: the caption is serious.
But first, Linda found my long lost cap with the pony tail attached. While she thinks it would look stupid to wear it, that doesn't always deter me. I feel pretty good except for tiredness because I don't sleep well (thinking about a lot of things like what you may not like below) and have continuing intestinal issues which are a side effect of the cancer, chemo, and/or other drugs.
The frequent trips to the bathroom are continuing (probably because I'm drinking more as the doctors and Linda have always suggested). Last night, I had another of the unually long trips. I looked around for the space alien, but it turns out they really are invisible (just like God.) This reference to the "Almighty," made me wonder that if man is created in God's image (I actually believe it's the other way around), does God have the same bodily functions that we have. If so, that might at least explain thunder.
The above may be considered blasphemy to some of you. It occurred to me during the night that blasphemy, which is really just disagreement with the Church, was the serious crime created by the church powers to prevent the spread of contrary ideas that might result in their loss of some power if allowed to spread (sort of like North Korea and other totalitarian regimes.)
I hope I haven't offended some of you because I sincerely appreciate your love, friendship, support and good wishes, including the intent behind your prayers although it seems illogical and useless to me to pray for help from the omnipotent God who would have caused my cancer.
Let me just add one quote and then I'll get off my soapbox. Biologist Richard Dawkins has said, "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
I'm looking forward to seeing the Darwins this weekend and have my fingers crossed that the wedding really does make this Sunday's NY Times.
Apostate Elkan - Thursday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment