Tuesday, September 20, 2011

4 Docs and a Bubby

   We've decided to stay in Philly and welcome home the Darwins from their honeymoon.  MV would probably be more stressful, than restful, and I'm likely to have a couple of not so good days coming up based on prior cycles.  And I love Center City Philly.
   Yesterday was a busy doctor day.  Starting Sunday night, I had some pain and was very concerned about the source.  So when I went in for my white blood cell shot Monday morning, Linda stayed to wait for Dr. L's (Susan Littman our oncologist) response which was to arrange for an afternoon ultra sound.  I was also talking to my great GP. 
   I had to leave Jeff to go to Wills Eye (a couple blocks away) for my periodic checkup with my retina specialist.  At least my eyes are fine and I'm actually quite lucky to have 20-25 corrected vision, having had partially detached retinas in both eyes in the past.  (A nurse there told me another Hopkins anti-patient story.)
   After Wills, I had a two mile walk home picking up some food, including a good sandwich from Bubby's Brisket.  Later that day we were back to a basement room in the Jefferson complex for the ultra sound.   The ultra sound doctor found just an incipient infection and spoke to Dr. L, who had us come back to see her before she left for the day.  She prescribed an antibiotic which hopefully will solve the problem.
   So all in all it was a fun day. 
   And here's a completely unrelated pun.  My father told me that when he was growing up in Baltimore, there was a guy named Mike Sass who had a candy store and his sign read, "Look up Mike Sass for good candy."
   On that high class note I'll conclude today's entry.

Elkan - Tuesday morning
  

No comments:

Post a Comment