Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Holiday

   Getting ready for my chemo fun day tomorrow.  Not quite 100% today but did have a Big Mac.
   Old memory:  Many years ago I would often get a sandwich for lunch at Strawbridge's where you would get the sandwich from one counter and pay for it at any other counter that had a cashier.  One time this cashier who usually was at one counter was at the candy and nuts counter instead.  I mentioned to her that this wasn't her usual place and I'm sure I heard her say to me, "I've got you by the nuts today."
   While I've tried to avoid politics, I had a letter published yesterday in the free weekday Metro, which is published in Philly, New York and Boston, and I thought I'd share it, both the printed version and my original which was edited down substantially, I believe, for space purposes as the Metro likes short letters:

The published version:

While the Right falsely claimed the Obama Health Care plan had "death panels," current House Republicans actually are a Death Panel.  They are trying to eliminate air and water health restrictions, deny health care to 10s of millions and restrict for the first time funding for disaster relief.  These Republicans are more concerned with protecting the wealthy from paying the same tax rate they paid during the 90's.

My submission:

     While the Republicans falsely claimed the Obama Health Care plan had "death panels" for humanitarian provisions many of them had previously supported, the current House Congressional Republicans actually are a Death Panel.  They are trying to eliminate EPA air and water health restrictions, deny health care to tens of millions of our citizens, restrict for the first time funding for Federal disaster relief and preparation, and many other measures that will produce many thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of hospital visits.  Instead of the health of our citizens, these Republicans are much more concerned with protecting the wealthy from paying the same tax rate they paid during the 1990's when the economy was booming and employment was rising by many millions.
 
Happy Holiday to all the Jews.
That's all for now.
 
Elkan - Wed. afternoon

1 comment:

  1. Elkan,

    I like your blogspot. I enjoyed reading the article on Rachels' wedding. Congratualtions! I'm happy for your entire family. I will look forward to reading your blogspot. Keep up the good work. I'm sure Linda told you about our lovely lunch. I could talk about Venice for days.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete