Linda had her first pedicure/ manicure Saturday morning. When she got back, I unintentionally asked her, "How'd you like your pedophile?" I guess too much Catholic Church in my brain. (I actually had told a doubting Linda at least 20 years ago, from articles I had read before Boston and other prominent exposures, that the pedophilia scandal in the Church was much more expansive than the press was reporting, if it was reporting it at all back then.)
I had been very careful about my eating for several days due to my intestinal issues and Thursday and Friday had not been particularly good days for me. Linda works very hard on my diet but the diet for pancreatic cancer, chemo and a colostomy often conflict. So when we packed for the weekend in NJ, I was rather excessive in preparing for various emergencies, none of which thankfully occurred.
Everyone was as helpful as they could be, with special praise for my brother Lee whose attention, concern, and assistance were way above the call of duty, among other things finding a market and bringing back foods for my limited diet and then making a last minute trip to a pharmacy 30 minutes away to pick up a prescription for paregoric. A shout out also goes to my extremely nice GP whom Linda called many times on Saturday afternoon to arrange for the prescription and to find the rare pharmacy that still carried paregoric.
As to the Amazing Randi, who was charming and entertaining thoughout the weekend and I did get to see an amazing card trick Sunday morning.
Linda, and maybe Rachel, had made the wise decision for Linda and I to hire a limo service (actually a large car, perhaps an Escalante) as we didn't know if I'd be up for 1 1/2 hours of driving. It turned out alos we needed the extra space with three gowns, my clothes, and many other items for the wedding and me.
Maybe now I can fall asleep as it's now 2:08 a.m. Maybe blogging is actually a curse.
A tired Elkan
No comments:
Post a Comment