Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pee Party

   This post is not appropriate for young children; wait a second, it may be appropriate for only young children.
   But first, I'm feeling pretty good and we're both glad we didn't trek up to MV with the travel, likely 3 days of rain, not 100% (no biking), etc.  As to closing up our house, there's not much to do and our very capable caretaker/friend can easily do it.
   I went back to sleep this morning after some breakfast and was delighted to sleep long and deep enough (1 1/2 hours) to have the first dream I can remember in many days.  I love dreams, even the scary, unsettling ones, as I'm amazed by how the brain can create bizarre situations.  Today's dream I dreamt I was playing doubles tennis with Chris Evert (never had anything remotely like this before) and I missed the first two balls because I thought she was going to take them.  I was upset that I didn't get to do any practicing since I hadn't played in a long time.  Then I had to serve and went across the street to do so but too many trees were in the way.  I came back to the court and realized I was in the sun too much for my condition (true, I need to be careful of the sun.)  Then I woke up.  Loved it.  You shrinks out there can send me your analysis.
   And now for puerile time and the caption above.  It has been a fascinating facet (to me) of this whole process of how much fluid I void (perhaps 8 to 10 pounds) after chemo, mostly overnight and every hour for 3 or 4 nights beginning with the Saturday night after the pump is removed, even though the pump process is not a lot of liquid.  It seems each night I have at least one trip to the bathroom where I should have brought a book, as I keep going but it doesn't seem to be from my body; I'm just a faucet that got turned on.  After amusing Linda at 6 a.m. this morning with all the possible bizarre explanations for this process, I've decided that the most "reasonable" explanation is that there are invisible space aliens (perhaps Gods) that can only urinate through humans and only during certain conditions, like chemo.  They travel billions of miles to get their relief and I happen to be one of their chosen sources for the process.  I doubt if Rod Serling ever thought of this.  Maybe you shrinks out there can add this to your dream analysis.
   That's all for now.
Elkan - late Wednesday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment