A few miscellaneous items:
Rachel had friends attending the wedding who came from Japan, London, Alaska and Florida and we had friends and relatives from California, Florida, and a horde from Massachusetts. Rachel and Dave arrived in Maui last night and Rachel said it is heaven.
This is for you younguns in the audience. A friend at the wedding told Linda a story that shortly after we moved into our house in 1975 we had them over for dinner. (Actually the date was Oct. 11.) At one point, we said we wanted to watch the first of a new show called "Saturday Night Live." Our friends had to stay and watch it because there wasn't time for them to get home; and back then you had one shot to see a TV show. There was no On Demand, TiVo, repeats, internet, etc.
Minor chemo note: when you lose hair from chemo, you lose it literally everywhere. At least that''s my experience.
As to my health, yesterday early I wasn't feeling so good and even had to cut a walk short at half a mile because for the first time my legs felt a littel weak and I had some nausea. But later in the day I got better. This morning I was able to do a 7 mile bike ride albeit slowly and with some difficulty on what usually would be easy hills.
I mentioned to Linda this morning that if I had another colostomy on the other side, I would call it Andy so that I would have Amos and Andy. It's a shame that that show is considered racist as it was a very funny show and I've seen some tapes of old shows that hold up well. It was the only show with black judges, police and others. Kingfish, the main character, was a fabulous conniver, often at Andy's expense, and usually getting himself into more trouble with his wife and mother-in-law. It was a little like Jackie Gleason and Art Carney in the Honeymooners.
Enough for now.
Elkan - feeling pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good (an LD quote) - noon Tuesday
No comments:
Post a Comment