We got to Jeff at 10, waited a little while for lab tests and then waited a while to see the NP. We had a good talk with her; she's always good and gives us all the time we need. So far everything is progressing well. After the 4th cycle, which I believe would begin Sept 29, I would receive some sort of scan for them to be able to really evaluate my progress. I already mentioned that I am getting a shot on Tuesday to bring my white cell count up to normal.
I need to provide a preliminary explanation for a comment with the NP. When Rachel was little and even now, she loved steak. In fact Linda and I can remember when she was around two, each of us furiously cutting up a steak into little pieces while Rachel shoveled them into her mouth as fast as she could. To encourage her to eat other meats, we would refer to these meats as brisket steak and London broil steak, until one time she finally said, "I want steak steak." So when the NP suggested yesterday that sweet potato fries were a good option, I said "I want fries fries."
Then we went to the chemo room and had preliminary infusions, the first infusion, the second infusion from which I had mild cramping and as a reward two easy needles, then we had to wait a little for pump bag guy who was very nice and suggested carrying the pump over my should instead of as a fanny pack which so far is much better. We got home around 7 p.m. The pack gets removed around 5:00 on Saturday.
At some point in the day, Linda mentioned (not the first time) that I didn't get subtext well and wanted me to mention this scenario. Her example was yesterday morning when I said: "Should I take a Creon before breakfast?" Linda heard: "Do I have to take a Creon?" I said I heard: "Should I take a Creon before breakfast?" Based on this, Linda said, "You're not good at subtext" and I said "Even my own?"
Linda was basing her reaction to my aversion to pills although I've certainly become quite the addict. I was basing my reaction on the fact that we were going in for chemo and maybe the Creon wouldn't be appropriate.
So far I've been eating pretty well but again like the last time, my reactions are not predictble.
Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Friday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment