Monday, September 5, 2011

Physical update

     Since the last infusion ended Saturday afternoon, I've begun losing what little hair I had left.  Of course, I was already a member of what Larry David called "the bald community," from one of his best shows that began with him being called "a self-hating Jew" for whistling Wagner in a movie ticket line.  Larry responded, " I do hate myself but it has nothing to do with being Jewish."
     Also, since Saturday night through now Monday morning, I believe I have lost over 8 pounds of liquid, mostly through frequent night time excursions.
     Other than some tiredness from lack of sleep, I've been feeling pretty good and eating well.  Yesterday, I biked about 9 miles, 3 1/2 for errands and 5 1/2 unsuccessfully trying to find the starting point of the 3rd annual Philly Nude Bike Ride.  But I did catch the riders going around Rittenhouse Square and got my annual pictures.  Most riders are not nude but many are or are close and some have body paint.  There were probably several hundred riders this time.
     Have a happy Labor Day.
Elkan

No comments:

Post a Comment