Another 9 and 1/2 hour day, partly due to a 1 and 1/2 hour wait in the morning for lab tests. Hopefully we've arranged for much quicker lab tests in the future. One good news was my cancer marker CA 19-9 went down to 136 from the most recent 222 and 900 when I was diagnosed. I got my flu shot while I was there and 2 more shots due to the reaction I generally have to the 2nd drug (cramp-like reaction although in my feet and hands and not my calves yet and some tingling in my finger tips.) I have a CT scan on Tuesday which may show the change, hopefully smaller, of the tumor. I also get a white cell maintenance drug on Sunday which should be less crowded than Monday. I'm feeling pretty good and was able to eat a decent dinner, not always the case after chemo.
While many of you won't care at all, Wednesday night's baseball was unique and very exciting. Rachel was visiting us, always great, and left around 10:30 for work. From 10:30 to 12, I watched three last games of the season going on, each with a team still trying to make the playoffs and at least force a one game playoff. The Phillies were playing Atlanta, which was having one of the great September collapses. On one station, the Phillies tied the game in the 9th and then won it in the 13th. On the other station, it was Boston against the Orioles and the Yankees against Tampa Bay. After a rain delay in Baltimore, the Red Sox had a 3 to 2 lead in the bottom of the 9th and their relief ace struck out the first two batters. Then the O's got 2 doubles and a single to win 4-3 and make Boston's September collapse, a 9 game lead, even greater than Atlanta's. Then came Tampa Bay which was losing 7-0 but then scored 6 runs in the 8th and had a 2 out homer in the 9th to tie it before winning on a homer in the 12th. This was amazingly exciting baseball to have 3 teams in such crucial situations playing such close games.
Elkan - good to be home Thursday night
No comments:
Post a Comment