We had our meeting with Littman over the scans. I was expecting really bad news but Linda wasn't. It turned out mostly good. The only place where there is likely some metastasizing was a lesion on a bone in my pelvic area. If so, that would explain the rise in the cancer marker. Littman said if it's cancerous, that 2 weeks of radiation (5 days a week) should eliminate it. Since I haven't had the fun of radiation yet, it's only fair that I get this opportunity. I'm scheduled for an MRI of the area on July 3, meeting with Littman on July 9, and a meeting with a radiation oncologist on July 11 or 13. The size of the pancreas tumor is about the same as 2 months ago. At this point, chemo will be on hold at least until we get the MRI results and longer if radiation is needed.
I've had right-side facial pain and on and off headaches, mostly in bed, for several days. Littman discounted a sinus infection and shingles and thought it was some sort of nerve disorder that comes on by itself and leaves by itself. She prescribed Percoset which has worked pretty well since late afternoon yesterday. Fun, fun, fun!!
Elkan - Friday night
No comments:
Post a Comment