Sunday, June 10, 2012

Piss-platin

   For the last four nights, I've had extensive trips to the bathroom.  My theory is that with the Cisplatin (Piss-platin) infusion I get a liter of liquid and then drink extensively the next two days.  This causes my feet and calves to swell some but not in any way that causes any soreness.  I believe that lying down in bed at night causes the fluid to flow back from my feet and cause me to keep going to the bathroom.  It certainly seems that I have excreted much more than I've taken in (the same problem I have with Amos) but I don't go to the bathroom nearly as much when I'm not lying down.  I'll try to remember to ask the Docs about this theory.
   I've been somewhat tired and nauseous the past few days but have still gotten some walks in.  Biking hasn't been a consideration.
   Yesterday Linda and I went to a Colostomy support group meeting.  It turned out that, other than two officers of the group, we were the only ones to show up.  The officers were both very long time ostomy users although not exactly the same as my colostomy.  Nevertheless, they were both extremely nice, very supportive, and provided some advice that may turn out to be useful.  The group meets in several places and this meeting was in a not so good area of Philly although we had no problems.  Other meetings are further away in Northeast Philly and just outside of Philly.
   I hope you are all surviving the heat.  I don't mind it too much but Linda hates it.

Elkan - Sunday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment