Wednesday, January 4, 2012

     Still feeling pretty good although my appetite is more normal than enormous now and but I've still had some slight intestinal issues. 
     We saw a doctor at HUP's emergency surgery dept.  We had hoped and expected to see Dr. Holena who had performed my colostomy surgery.  The intern who saw us first tried to keep us informed and kept coming back, first to say Holena was crossing the street to where we were, then to say he was in a meeting, next to say the meeting was with the dept. head so she didn't know how long it would take, and finally to say Holena was sick and wouldn't be seeing us.  Instead, we then saw a very nice and informative doctor Ben Braslow who performed a quite painful rectal exam.  I have a minor obstruction in my original anal system but hopefully enemas will clear it up (and out.)  I would have skipped reporting all this but realize I already made reference to this in a prior blog entry.  Sorry if it's too much information.
     We also spoke with Braslow about the colostomy reversal operation which would require a chemo vacation of at least 2 months.  Braslow also checked out Amos and the skin around him and said Amos and my skin looked perfect.  I thought I caught a slight smile from Amos after Braslow said this.
     I managed to get a couple of walks in the last two days despite the coldness.  Looking forward to some warmer weather.
    Take care,
Elkan - Wednesday night

No comments:

Post a Comment