Sunday, January 22, 2012

2/3's of a Century

     Feeling good the last few days.  I had one unexpectedly decent step ball game on a cold day on which I didn't plan to play, but I still missed some easy throws.  A woman came by and told me she used to see step ball games when she was a kid.  I told her I'm still playing.
     Last night we celebrated my two-thirds of a century birthday with Rachel and Dave at the Prime Rib.  We would have had the celebration even if I were well, as I celebrated 33 1/3 also.  Dave is celebrating 33 1/3 years next Sunday.  Dave and I had gargantuan pieces of delicious prime rib. 
     I also noted the day I was married longer than I was not married, which day coincidentally (or purposely to some people) was, I recall, one day before we got hit by Hurricane Bob on Martha's Vineyard in August 1991 and had five days without electricity and plumbing.
     Tomorrow, we see Littman and find out the results of the CT Scan and confirm how we will proceed.  So far we have always had good news at these status hearings so I hope our streak is not broken; but at some point we will have some bad news.  I will try to remember to post something about the results by tomorrow evening.  I'm also scheduled tomorrow to get my painful monthly Octreotide needle.
     This week and next are restaurant weeks in Philly and we have reservations for $20 lunches on Tuesday at Le Bec Fin and Friday at Lacroix, two of the finest restaurants in the city.  I figured we should schedule these before my planned new chemo next Monday, as I don't know what kind of reaction I will have.
     In a "Sports Illustrated" article about a female basketball star at the U. of Delaware, she said people ask her, "...what state is Delaware in?"  I'm generally into strange names, probably from dealing with Elkan, so I liked the first three names on a Sports Illustrated list of the hardest hitters in hockey:  Zdeno Chara, Jordin Tootoo, Cal Clutterbuck.
     I plan to watch some NFL football this afternoon, especially since it's a cold, icy day and a good day to stay in.  Fortunately, it's supposed to warm up this week.
     Hope you're having/had a good weekend.

Elkan - early Sunday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment