Sunday, January 15, 2012

Potpourri

    I didn't feel quite as good the last few days as I had before then.  I had some strange, minor aches on Wed. and Thurs. but they seem to have gone away.  One or two nights I did have some visits from space aliens.  Today I've been quite tired.  Tomorrow I have a CT Scan but am not looking forward to drinking the two large containers of chalk-like liquids first.
     Before I forget, I just heard and can't verify but supposedly Rick Perry was at a rally in a store and called on a manekin with its arm up.  (It's probably something anyone could do if the manekin wasn't too close but it seems to typify Perry.)
     Yesterday I saw a good Penn - Cornell wrestling match that Penn only lost 21-17 to the 5th ranked Cornell and had a chance to win a couple of other matches.  Unfortunately, Amos made me miss a couple of good matches, including a totally unexpected final pin by Penn's heavyweight.  There were only three matches where a wrestler won by more than a normal decision and all three were by Penn, very unusual against such a good team.  (One pin and two major decisions where the wrestler wins by 8 or more points.)
     I was please to see God's favorite Tim Tebow get masacred in the playoffs Saturday night.  God must have been at a basketball or hockey game.  Apparently a national poll said that 43% of Americans believe Tebow's success is a product of divine intervention.  What will this gullible public think now?
     A week or so ago I thought it was unusual to see a double decker tour bus called The Big Bus drive down 23rd Street with the driver and steering wheel on the right side.
     Last week Linda was talking to a Net Flix woman on the phone about not getting a movie and being charged for it.  The woman could only repeat one or the other problem but not both, no matter how many times Linda repeated it.  Finally, Linda asked, "Can you hold both of those thoughts at one time?"  The answer was apparently no as she had to get a supervisor.   
     Hope you all have a good week.

Elkan - Sunday evening

No comments:

Post a Comment