We met with Eleanor this morning. Littman is temporarily on hospital service in the mornings. The CT Scan showed that the tumor mass has been reduced to 2.6 x 2.2 cm from 3.5 x 2.7 cm. , which is about a 40% reduction if treated as a math area problem. I don't know the date of the previous measurement but probably from Oct. 17 which I believe was my prior CT Scan. There was also less pressure on blood vessels and "no evidence of metastatic disease," that is, no evidence of the cancer spreading. Among many other things, there are some minor items in the Scan report that we will want to ask Littman about when we see her.
We changed next Monday to the afternoon so we can have an appointment with Littman. So I will have lab tests, meet with Littman, and do chemo. Eleanor said we will finish up the 4th Mighty Mouse (Mutamicyn) treatment which means a short chemo session. The concern is pulmonary issues; but since I haven't had any inkling of such problems so far, I should be fine with this last cycle which is the normal protocol for Mighty Mouse. Three weeks after next Monday's chemo, I should start the new protocol ,which will be every two weeks and where my kidneys will be the major concern. Eleanor said that if the tumor keeps shrinking, I may go into an extended period of radiation to try to eliminate the tumor. No info on when or if this might happen.
I also got my monthly Octreotide (anti-diarrhea) needle today which is literally a pain (not severe) in the ass that lasts for a day or more.
I feel sorry, especially for young Ravens fans, after their heartbreaking defeat in the playoffs yesterday (dropping the winning TD pass with 26 seocnds to go, then missing a short field goal on the last play that would have sent the game into overtime.) I know from personal experience growing up with the Baltimore Orioles how such difficult losses can stay with you for a long time. I still think sadly about the Orioles 1969, 1971, and 1979 World Series losses.
With the State of the Union speech tomorrow night, I wish there were a President who would say enough of this puerile excessive standing and clapping. It makes it hard for me to watch. I once saw an art exhibit in which they played a video of a State of the Union speech, except the speech was removed and you just saw and heard the clapping and standing. (In fact, I was riding my bike up Broad Street when I heard the noise and stopped to see it in a store front (museum front) window.
Hope you have good news today.
Elkan - Monday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment