I just realized I left open two things from my Jan. 19 post although I feel like I wrote about them.
First, we went to the Ostomy support group at Fox Chase last Thursday, about 14 people. It consisted mostly of men who have urostomies related to the urinary system. There was a woman who was somewhat in my situation and did offer an alternative but complicated draining procedure in dealing with her colostomy. The one hour program was not well organized and started 15 minutes late, but this was likely due to the lead person not being able to make the meeting. I may go back for a relevant meeting that might have a guest speaker. (I can't believe I haven't already written most of this paragraph as it seems so familiar.)
Second, I did go to the panel discussion last Thursday night that I also mentioned on Jan. 19. It turned out to be boring but it was still nice to finally get out to one of these talks. (This paragraph seems very familiar too.)
I have a ticket for a talk tomorrow night by an author who has written about the Inquisition. I heard him today on "Fresh Air" with Terry Gross but still may go to the talk in hopes of missing some of the State of the Union speech. As I mentioned before, I can't stand the excessive clapping and standing; it's worse than canned laughter on TV shows.
Linda is surprisingly watching the Republican debate while I'm typing this. I think it's a form of her favorite show "Survivor" which is between series right now.
Elkan - Monday night
No comments:
Post a Comment