First, I'm sure I exaggerated the decrease in the size of the tumor per the CT Scan. The report actually referred to a "slight decrease;" but I took two sets of old and new numbers in the report and theorized using an area type calculation. That approach likely didn't make sense as it wasn't even three dimensional and I don't really know what the numbers I used represented other than reductions. We'll find out more tomorrow when we meet with Littman; and I also will do lab tests and chemo with Mighty Mouse for the last time. Hopefully, I will have the same non-reaction as my three previous Mighty Mouse chemos.
Friday, we had a good Restaurant Week lunch at Lacroix at the Rittenhouse Hotel.
I've continued feeling good and doing a lot of walking. I had one good step ball game, hit a little tennis one day against a wall, and today set a new record for walking around Rittenhouse Square: 5 minutes 45 seconds for one lap and eleven minutes 38 seconds for two laps. (I'm sure these numbers are meaningless to you but it gives me a chance to record them for my own use.) I would guess one lap is slightly less than a 1/2 mile.
In case I've never mentioned it, I have my own bench in Rittenhouse Square, that is, Linda bought me a bench plaque several years ago. My plaque is a rhyme that references my deceased brother and cat and I often sit on the bench and pretend to talk to both of them. I was having trouble thinking of an appropriate memorial when Linda mentioned that I should try a rhyme as rhymes come easily to me. So here it is:
"Enjoy Elkan's bench in daylight and dark
In this shaded spot in my favorite park.
And Larry my brother and Sammy my cat
Will send you good vibes while you sit and chat."
Rittenhouse Square is my favorite park with it's beauty and diversity and wide use by everyone. If I'm feeling well on Tuesday, I plan to return to Le Bec Fin for another restaurant week lunch and find out what a Le Bec Fin hamburger tastes like. (I got something else last week. All three courses were very good, including an escargot appetizer, mushroom ravioli entree, and creme brulet dessert.)
Hope you had a good weekend.
Elkan - Sunday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment