Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feeling good

   I've been feeliing good since Tuesday and am trying to increase my food intake.  This afternoon I have my first ostomy support group in the burbs at Fox Chase Cancer Center.  Hopefully, I can see how others are handling a similar situation.  Tonight, I hope to go to a panel discussion but it seems I mostly plan these things but rarely go.
   Tuesday afternoon, after a slow mile or so walk with Linda to do some errands, the sun came out when we got home and the temperature was close to 50.  So I went for a bike ride, back and forth on my trail a mile each way, and did about 10 1/2 easy miles, the most I've gone in a single ride in a long time, with only a few stops to blow my nose.  I just went up to the hill a mile away but once did the hill without too much trouble.  On the way back home, I sometimes like to take a one block alternative that I call Sugar Way in honor of Marilyn Monroe's role of Sugar Kovalchic in "Some Like It Hot."  At the end of the movie, she rides a bike and takes a one block lower path to the dock, which is similar to our trail where at one point there is a one block lower trail along the water.  (Probably too confusing even to have mentioned.)  I wonder if 12 miles on a stationary bike would be as impressive as 10 miles on a real bike.
   My sister-in-law mentioned taking bridge lessons which reminded me of my bridge club in high school.  I was VP and my partner was Pres.  When we won our tournament in 1963, the club insisted we get ourselves trophies.  Since we were the only ones who would see the trophies, we had them inscribed in our names as B.C.C. '60, '61' 62' 63 Bridge Champion Elkan Katz.   (BCC is the school.)  I still have the trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment