So far this latest chemo Mighty Mouse has been an improvement. While not perfect, I've mostly been pretty good with modest nausea and tiredness. I continue to have a very good appetitie but still may not be gaining any weight because my output keeps up with my input.
Surprisingly, I seem to be gaining a little hair back, nothing that anyone else would notice but I'm getting peach fuzz back on the sides of my head and my mustache is darker and a little bigger. Before this, I would say I was pretty much 100% bald. I'm still more than bald enough to be included in Larry David's Bald Community.
I saw a pretty good Penn/Lehigh wrestling match on Sunday. Penn lost 21-15 but even had a chance to upset #6 Lehigh but one of Penn's stars didn't come through. We'll see how Penn does against a ranked Maryland team this Sunday. Surprisingly, the Lehigh turnout was quite modest - a few hundred at most - and quite restrained.
I did a short bike ride today before it got completely dark and too cold. My main concern is that it's a lot harder for me to lift the bike than it used to be. I've definitely lost a lot of strength.
Tomorrow I'm going up to Penn for a diabetes related blood test and Thursday I go to Jefferson for my regular lab test so they can see what's happening during the middle of my newest (3 week) cycle.
And now a plug for the Post Office. I feel like a minority of one who thinks the post office actually does a good job consideirng the tasks assigned to it., delivering first class mail all over the country, even in tiny rural areas and maintaining many post offices that are important community centers. The premium overnight business has mostly gone to UPS and Fed EX. I do feel they need to cut back a lot, such as no Saturday service and closing many post offices, especially in rural areas. I wonder if there is still anything like the Pony Express; there probably is with long mail delivery rides, just by vehicle and not by horse. It's the rural people who complain the most about the cost of government yet don't mind that we all spend a disproportionate amount on them to bring them services they expect from the government they hate.
Have a good week.
Elkan - Monday evening
Heh. I think Larry David had claimed you before any of this cancer stuff ;-)
ReplyDelete