Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sept. 28: "Best. Night. Ever."

      The days have been pretty good.  My appetite is still large but still not gaining weight.  The results from my Tuesday diabetes test were good so no followup should be needed.  Now if I can prevent Linda and NP Eleanor from collaboratoring on a reason to see me, I may have all of next week off.  On Thursday, I had the routine lab tests at Jefferson except that they now have trouble getting my blood out and stick me in both portals of Port Elkan and then try some other tricks to get the blood flowing.  I don't know if we will get the results before going back on Dec. 19 for new lab tests, Littman meeting, and Mighty Mouse chemo.  No news should be good news.
     I mentioned earlier in the blog how great I thought Sept. 28, the last day of the regular baseball season was, with 4 critical games going on at once and lots of 9th inning and extra inning heroics.  The latest "Sports Illustrated" has an article supporting my view of that night entitled, "Best. Night. Ever."
     We got a notice yesterday or Thursday about a monthly pan can meeting this morning in a Fairmount Park building so we decided to go.  We apparently walked into a longer separate meeting at the cancer center which was a stress management meeting.  We were both struck by the heaviness of most of the 8 females that were there which meant we were not dealing with pan can.  At one point Linda realized there was a separate pan can meeting, the one we got notice of, in another building.  Linda checked out that meeting which consisted of just the person in charge and one other person.  I think Linda got a little more than me from the stress management meeting, at which the only stress for me was telling them we were leaving early (we had a Car Share car to return).  The participants were nice and a couple offered some advice but I'm not always the most receptive person.  One person with a colostomy agreed with us on the best supplier of colostomy products; so that's a nice confirmation to get.
     Yesterday I biked a little, actually a little more than I intended.  I was cold and heading home early but a train beat me to the track crossing and then stopped so I had to go a few blocks to the ramps to get off the trail.  And I had to walk up the ramps that I usually have no trouble riding up.
     Tomorrow is another wrestling match I hope to see at Penn.
     Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Sat. afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment