Next Tuesday I see the surgeon who performed the colostomy operation and hope to clear up what may be a minor non-painful obstruction. My GP has been away this week and the HUP ostomy nurse suggested seeing the surgeon. It's clearly not an emergency. Hopefully, I will get information on a possible reversal of my colostomy and then discuss it with Dr. Littman when I see her on Jan. 9 for my next chemo.
Politcal alert: I said I would try to avoid politics but would disclose letters I have published and my letter below was published in today's Inquirer:
"One cannot take seriously John Boehner's and several letter writer's complaint that the Democrats should have accommodated the House GOP's request to negotiate a one year extension of the payroll tax cut, instead of accepting the widely bi-partisan two month compromise accepted by the Senate. The obstructionist GOP House has no intention of accepting any part of a millionaires' tax to pay for the payroll tax cut - it is more dedicated to its Grover Norquist no tax pledge than to partially resolving our financial crisis. Negotiation and compromise are not part of the Republican right-wing agenda.
While difficult negotiations will ensue over the next two months, there would have been no payroll tax cut extension in January under current House GOP leadership and proposals, which continue to wage war on the middle class."
I hope everyone has a happy new year. It will be good that this endless Iowa caucus crap will finally end on Tuesday.
Elkan - Friday afternoon

No comments:
Post a Comment