Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Newtering the Judiciary

   Still feeling pretty good after Monday's chemo but some intestinal reactions keep me on edge as I never know when I may have an excess issue.  It's fun to see a little hair growing back on the sides of my head.  I may have another month or two of hair regrowth until I start the next chemo protocol which is not hair friendly.  I've been getting a lot of walking in lately, especially doing a lot of errands.
   Linda and Rachel went to NY today for a matinee of a show with Mandy Patimkin and Patti Lapone so I'm being a little more careful about food to avoid any serious reactions.  I'm not at all upset about not going to the show as I'm not a big fan of Broadway musicals.  In fact, I'm enjoying having a whole day to myself and Linda has only called once as of 3:00.
   Politics alert:  Comedian Andy Borowitz said that "Newt Gingrich is the intellectual of the Republican field the way Moe was the intellectual of the Stooges."  I wonder how conservatives feel about Newt's plan to gut the separation of powers and bring the judiciary under the control of the Congress.  I find this extremely dangerous, regardless of one's political persuasion.  This seems more like a liberal concept since we liberals probably are more dissatisfied with judicial decisions than conservatives and we're more into change (except for the current Supreme Court which isn't impressed with precedents.)  So perhaps we may agree on opposition to Newt's radical proposal. 

Elkan - Wednesday afternoon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment