Sunday, December 18, 2011

Glorious Food

   Well, today's my last day of freedom before starting another round of chemo tomorrow.  I continue to feel good and eat tons without gaining weight.  For example, yesterday during about 4 1/2 hours, I had a 3 egg omelet with lots of cheese, an Engliish muffin, 2 good size hot dogs (my favorites) with cooked bologna that my brother and sister-in-law brought up from Baltimore, several pieces of brisket, a ton of potato chips, soda, a good size piece of chocolate cake, and a milk shake and probably a couple of cookies.  And yet, it's unlikely I gained an ounce but at least I may have avoided losing any weight.
   Last night I finished up Linda's lemon chicken which I lurve.  "Lurve" is a term we use created by Woody Allen to describe something stronger than love.
   And speaking of food, it occurred to me that each of our troops should get a pork sandwich as they leave Iraq.  This comes from the most excessive NJ wedding venue that Linda, Rachel, and Dave looked at.  In addition to more food than is describable, with separate dessert rooms, and a refusal to donate half the food to a food bank even if we paid for it, the coup de grace was that they actually gave a pork sandwich to each guest when they left the venue at the end of the night.
   Last night I went to a free tuba Christmas show in the lobby of the orchestra's Kimmel Center, but unlike most of the audience, found it rather discordant.  It made me wish for these guys, from 4 to 10 in number, who used to occasionally play trombones on the street in Center City for money and had great rhythm.
   Tonight Rachel and Dave are coming over for dinner and to see the end of "Survivor."  I may use an Immunity Idol to get out of watching it.
   So tomorrow, I have regular lab tests, followed by a meeting with Littman and/or Eleanor, and then my second Mighty Mouse chemo.  Hopefully, my reaction will not be much worse than the first time which was quite mild.
   It's a little annoying to periodically set my alarm throughout the night to keep an eye on Amos but at least I've been lucky enough so far not to have pain.  Actually, this is one very fortunate thing for me because so many people go through substantial pain with chemo and many other illnesses; and except for following my operations, I've had minimal pain.  (Thank you, oh Honorable Jinx.)
   Hope you've had a good weekend.  There should be a meaningless Eagles game coming up this afternoon.

Elkan - Sunday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment