This weekend we had a visit from Marie and Steve, who had his triple by-pass surgery on June 6 and was somehow able to be a car passenger all the way from Rockville. We were able to compare hospital stories. Then they continued their medical mercy mission with a visit to Marie's Phila. area cousin who is also having serious medical problems.
Today was my longest outside-the-house venture as we went to see the movie of Stephen Sondheim's play "Company," which I liked and Linda loved. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I didn't have to do anything with Amos (the name for my stoma which is stoma spelled backwards without the "t" and rhymes with its function.) We also walked the two miles home although I was feeling some pain.
We're set to leave for MV on Wed., flying to Providence and renting a car from there. Surprisingly, the ferries were all booked on Wed. but we're wait listed for the last one and usually stand bys can get over. Otherwise, we will have to stay over in Woods Hole or Falmouth and go over the next morning. This will be a good test for Amos and me. We return to Philly on July 11, hopefully just in time for the new season of "Curb Your Enthusiam." I don't expect many, if any, blog entries while we're away.
Best to all.
Elkan - June 19
No comments:
Post a Comment