Tuesday, June 28, 2011

MV first report

Our journey last Wed. went well with an on time flight, easy drive from Providence (in a continuous light rain) to the ferry, a wait of under an hour for a ferry, and picking up sandwiches at Bob's in. vineyard Haven. At prov. Airport you literally walk at least a mile to the rental car place with 5 different long moving sidewalks along the way as you actuaaly leave the airport. One drawback on the journey was learning how hard it is to find a sittable toilet in a public men's room,, as many of my gender are pigs.
The. Weather was rainy through Friday but has been improving since although I have had some soreness that has kept me in the house a lot. Linda was busy with shopping, going to the laundry with quilts etc., doing home stuff, preparing meals, and caring for me. Nevertheless, she is really glad, as I am, to be here.
Saturday, I trimmed/lopped some bushes for Linda, which were overhanging her lilies. When I told Rachel I had lopped some bushes, she asked, "Whose property were they on?" I'm known for lopping shrubberies on bike paths in Philly and MV and discreetly on sidewalks near our Philly home when plants interfere with biking and walking, a public service I enjoy performing, mostly anonymously.

No comments:

Post a Comment