This is my 7th day at HUP and I was zonked out most of the day, but not without big events. The hospital's amazing IV team swooped in and installed a bigger, better, and deeper IV in a seriously sterile 15-minute procedure.
I had soft food -- mashed potatoes, a roll, apple sauce and ice cream -- for the first time. Linda thought the hospital's food looked pretty terrifying.
While not as significant an accomplishment as the moon landing, it appears I was able to use the colostomy bag. Also, I was unhooked for a couple of hours, a measure of freedom I failed to tke full advantage (like escaping?) because of my great fatigue. yesterday, however, I managed to lose Linda briefly in one of our walks.
But most importantly, our thoughts are with our dear friend Steve Reed, who undergoes triple by-pass surgery on June 7th.
Elkan, June 6
No comments:
Post a Comment