Thursday, June 16, 2011

The great Ave

  We finally had our appointment with the great Ave (Ahvay) Maria Preston, HUP's colostomy nurse.  She was actually quite helpful with lots of information about procedures and products.  She even said my stoma (the part of my colon that is visible) has a sense of humor, basically because it kept producing output while we were cleaning up.  (I guess that's colostomy humor.)  As it turned out, we were probably better off meeting with her this late after we had some experience and could ask better questions.  Linda and I walked home from HUP after the appointment.
  This afternoon I was watching the Phillies without sound and turned on the radio broadcast of the game and was surprised that the radio was more than a pitch behind the TV broadcast.  It made me think of Goldman Sachs and the computer generated investors who seem to get a slight advance knowledge on what is happening in the market so that they can rip off unfair profits.  At least the Phillies keep winning fairly.
  Nothing more at this time.
Elkan, June 16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment