Have had 4 or 5 walks the last two days, most about a half mile with moderate pain and bouncing a tennis ball as I go like I did when I was healthy. One walk yesterday had virtually no pain and I was able to walk at my normal pace and even keep up with an attractive woman as I walked to the pharmacy to meet Linda. An hour ago we walked about a mile with little pain. I've begun throwing a ball against a wall a little in preparation for resuming stepball, a childhood game I still play. In fact, a month or so ago, I had a unique step ball experience which I find amazing after 65 years: on one throw I leaped (like a few inches) high and to the left to catch a hard pointer with my left hand and then on the very next throw, leaped high and to the right to catch a hard pointer with my right hand. I also hope to soon resume practicing juggling which is now a family thing as my future son-in-law is a professional and Rachel has gotten reasonably good. Just before my latest surgery, I had my best try with about 46 throws.
Tomorrow the colostomy nurse should be coming and hopefully I'll get some good tips. Take care everyone.
Elkan - Sunday
Elkan - let me know about visiting - I juggle - challenge you! d.
ReplyDelete