*All-Dayer comes from the term used at Rachel's pre-school. The first two years the kids went only in the mornings; but the third year, kindergarten, they went to 3:00 in the afternoon and were called and looked forward to being All-Dayers.
On Saturday I had an MRI to see if any back problems had caused my jolts. I had 20 minutes of many different repetitive clanging noises, then had an IV for a contrast solution, and then had 8 more minutes of clanging noises, among which I thought I heard a machine gun, a jack hammer, a drill and a rock band.
I didn't feel too good on Saturday and Sunday, especially blah on Sunday' and still have a lingering cold. By the way, my intestinal problems have eased over the past few weeks' as regular doses of Immodium seem to be the reason I have reduced the frequency of my production.
Today was another long day at Jeff; but with fewer delays, we got out around 4:30 and picked up Chinese food on our way home. We had the ususally lab tests (taken by Lorraine who I like a lot) and a meeting with Eleanor. The results from the MRI hadn't come in yet. My general numbers were better for most items. I don't need a Neulasta shot tomorrow or Wednesday as my white cells were back in the normal range. I did get the Aranesp shot as my hemoglobin was a little low. (I have trouble keeping these things straight and have to ask Linda.) My CA-19-9 marker went up to 125 on last week's lab tests but came down slightly on today's results to 121, which sort of confirms what Eleanor and Littman have been saying that after the third Cisplatin, the numbers should start coming down. So in one way we were lucky to see the doctor's last Monday about the jolts or we wouldn't have had the interim 125 figure and instead would have just seen the cancer marker going up from 195, which would have been quite depressing.
Eleanor didn't seem as positive about a long chemo vacation but maybe a short one, depending on next Monday's CT Scan. Apparently, the woman like me has actually had much more treatment, including radiation. It's also more lilely that I will have at least two more cycles of Cisplatin as originally discussed.
On April 16, we will see the docs and get the CT Scan results. I'm not particularly concerned about the MRI results.
This Thursday evening I see my GP about incipient diabetes and may have to start doing home testing.
Elkan - Monday night
No comments:
Post a Comment