Still feeling weak but did manage a mile walk with Linda this afternoon with stops but my legs are weak. Tomorrow night, we see my GP about incipient diabetes. I'm really hoping he doesn't force me to do diabetes testing.
A few nights ago, I slept for 5 hours straight, more than I've done for many many months. But I followed that with taking my Synthroid pill with a lot of water as required and then had about an hour and half of restless brain syndrome.
Sunday night on NPR the Pittsburgh Symphony was accompanied by Curtis Institute of Music grad pianistYuja Wang, who is considered in the same world class as an earlier Curtis grad Lang Lang. We attended Wang's free student recital at Curtis a couple of years ago. The theater was crowded and a two row raised area on the side best for seeing the keyboard was roped off. Then they unroped it and led some older guy up to the seats, and we followed them up and I sat next to the guy. He asked me if I was a donor and seemed to not know too much about the student ocncerts. I told him I wasn't a donor but was a member of the friends for $50 or $100 and how the student concerts were great. I went to the bathroom at the intermission; and Linda overheard the guy talking to others and realized he was Gerry Lenfest, a billionaire who is giving away most of his money. He's also Chairman of the Board of Curtis and had funded Wang's career at Curtis as well as funding a new dorm/hall that just opened. So Linda and I joke about Lenfest telling his friends about the jerk he sat next to and I frequently refer to my friend Gerry.
The other night thinking about my situation reminded me of a pun I mentioned in a much earlier blog. I may have been the only person to like it, but I'm going to mention it again and add something. When Tonto found the Lone Ranger near death, he realized it was cancer. He treated the Ranger until he was better, but the Ranger cried a lot during the treatment. And that is why Tonto always referred to his friend as "Chemo Sobby." Gary Larsen has a cartoon where an old Lone Ranger is sitting in his chair looking at an Indian-English dictionary and he's surprised to see that the definition of "Kemo Sabe is "Horse's ass."
Hope you can enjoy the nice weather.
Elkan - Wednesday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment