Monday, April 23, 2012

Back in Business

     My tech person, Linda, appears to have fixed getting into my blog.  (She also fixed an audio problem.)  Google forced us to download and use their Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer for the blog.  (By the way, when downloading was first becoming widely used, Danny and I referred to "download" as a term for using a toilet.)  Hopefully, when I try to get on the blog next time, Google Chrome will work.  I didn't want to risk signing off and then signing on again now while I was connected.
    It's been a few days.  My labs, meeting, and chemo have been put off until April 30 to give me more time to recuperate.  April 24 had been open but I had e-mailed Littman advocating the extra week and she agreed or at least left it up to me.  I've still been feeling on and off tired and a little nausea, but there's definitely been improvement. Steps haven't been quite as hard (Did you hear the atheist knock on wood?)
   We actually went out for dinner 3 nights in a row after weeks of not going out once.  Thursday night we went around the corner for a nice meal with friends who first went with Linda to the Art Museum's Van Gogh exhibit for which I wasn't quite well enough to go.  Friday night we went to Rachel's house, where we hadn't been for some time, and she cooked a delicious lamb dinner.  Also, her plants and those of her neighbors were beautiful.
   Saturday night my college roommate and his wife were in Philly and stopped by.  They were both in my year but didn't meet until after graduation.  We went to my favorite nearby restaurant (there are at least 6 good restaurants within 5 blocks of our house) and I ate like a pig, much more than I had eaten for weeks.  We then went to Rittenhouse Square until a drizzle started and they went to their hotel.  It was about a mile round trip from our house to the restaurant to the park and back home.  After a few minutes, the rain stopped, and I went out alone for another walk, bouncing a tennis ball as I went with a brief stop at a wall I throw the ball against.  If I get to the Vineyard this summer, my arm needs to be in shape for skipping stones.  The walk wound up being two miles, with a rest at my bench (where Linda bought me a plaque years ago) in Rittenhouse and a timed, not too slow, walk around the Square.  I haven't done any other walks close to this much in the last few days.
   This has been the most beautiful spring that I can remember, with beautiful flowers and with trees incredibly full of bright green leaves.  Mother Nature spreads her loveliness.  (The following may not make it past the censors:  When Sonny, Danny and I went out west 45 years ago, we often said, "Mother Nature spreads her lovely legs."  Also, our unsuccessful pickup line was, "We're from the East.  Where's the action?")
   This may not be a good week for long walks due to weather more than fatigue.  I had been hoping for the chance to go biking.
   Have a good day and I hope my blogging problems are over.

Elkan - Monday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment