This week I've been feeling tired and eating okay, at least for breakfast and lunch. On Monday and Tuesday, I believe Linda and I only walked as far as Fitler Square, 1/2 to 2 blocks, then sitting for a while, and then coming home. I didn't even feel up for that much walking today; but late afternoon, after Linda had left for an opera program at the AVA whose students have won the last four years' Metropolitan Opera awards, I decided I'd try for Fitler. Instead I returned a book to the library came home and kept walking. I was feeling a little tired and my legs were a little tired, but it didn't get worse. Including a stop at a store, I walked two miles with only about a 30 second rest. The first half had a good pace before I slowed down some for the remainder but not as bad as the past two days. To get the full two miles, I had to add a couple of blocks at the end, as my friend Sonny might have expected. Sonny knows when we're biking, I like to round up my rides or beat previous records. If we return home with 39 miles, Sonny knows I would insist on riding another mile. Hopefully, this walk is a harbinger of better health coming.
At my friend Danny's suggestion, I searched the internet for "Elkan". I've always been interested in others with my name and in unusual names. I found a book entitled, "Elkan: the Adventure of a Lifetime," which is apparently a religious book or at least based on scriptures. In the past, I've come across a woman writer named Hava Elkan Katz. Supposedly, in Hebrew Elkan means "created by God." Of course, I can't accept this. Had it been "created by the Jinx," I might have accepted it.
Have a good day and keep on walking.
Elkan - Wednesday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment