I was feeling pretty weak this morning, weaker than previous days at that time, so we rescheduled the CT Scan for this Thursday, as I thought it would be too hard to make it down to Jefferson and go through all the scan crap. Linda read Lance Armstrong's book, and he was on Cisplatin in the mid-1990's. He had chemo 5 days a week although not necessarily every week; but during the chemo weeks, he spent the whole time in a hospital bed because he was so weak. Linda also read that Christopher Hitchens also was quite deblilitated by Cisplatin, so I'm in good company. Linda keeps reminding me that I was actually worse when I was getting Folfirinox in late summer and early fall.
Friday night was almost similar to Thursday night with many frequent bathroom visits, but the last two nights have been much better.
I heard on the news the last couple of days that the drug Metformin that I'm taking related to diabetes may have a preventive effect on pancreatic cancer and another cancer but may just be related to early stages of the cancer if the effect is ever confirmed.
A good example of how out of it I've been since I started Cisplatin in late February is that this is the first year in decades that I didn't purchase the paperback "Who's Who in Baseball" prior to the start of the season. This book lists the records of nearly every player in the current season. In prior years I often purchased two of the book, one for home and one for the office. I hadn't thought about this until last Satruday night when I tried to reach for the book to look up a player. I'm sure Linda will be able to pick one up for me this week.
As I mentioned last fall, there is a 5 to 10 second delay between the radio and TV broadcast of Phillies games. This has allowed me to work on my taxes while listening to the radio and only having to look at the TV for a play or pitch worth seeing. Unfortunately, the Phillies have been as bad as I feared, with good starting pitching and atrocious hitting, including two of their stars being out with injuries. Also, the IRS and Penna. revenue dept. have added forms just to make filing a little more complicated although it may allow them to track income better.
Hopefully, most of you are doing well.
Elkan - Monday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment