Saturday, April 28, 2012

   I've been feeling a little better lately.  Going up steps has been a lot easier most of the time although still not completely normal.  The other day I was able to walk up a few steps on an escalator.  I always wonder why almost no one realizes you're allowed to walk down an escalator, and it's good exercise to walk up some.  Today, walking back from a short errand, I saw a bike rider and decided to try a short bike ride.  Then I realized I had a package at the Post Office that they didn't want to redeliver; so I rode over there, just over a 1/2 mile.  I had a slight incline for a couple of blocks that was actually a little difficult.  When I left the post office, I couldn't get my right leg over the bike to get on.  I had to stand on the higher sidewalk and tilt the bike, which was in the street, to get my left foot over the bike to get on.  I found it quite amusing but actually I guess it was sad.  I rode home and decided I wasn't up for more biking.
   From our house, you can hear the announcer at the annual Penn Relays (the largest track meet in the country) at Franklin Field at Penn, less than a mile away as the pigeon flies.  You can't understand what the announcer is saying; but knowing how good the audio is at stadiums, you probably can't understand the announcer even if you're in the stadium.
   A friend brought Linda the largest and possibly best smelling bunch of lilacs (her favorites) we've ever had.
   Yesterday, I began giving myself my own Lovenox (Enoxaparin) twice a day shots and it has gone well, as much as one can say getting needles is going well.
   I'll stop for now as Rachel has just gotten here.

Elkan - Saturday late afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment