Friday, April 6, 2012

Another Urination Night

      Last night was terrible as for sleeping.  I must have gone to the bathroom 8 to 10 times, but no space aliens.  I had a lot of water for three days, beginning with Chemo on Monday; but why I wait until I'm in bed on Thursday night to let it out, I don't know.  I haven't gone excesssively during any of the day times.  I'll have to try to remember to ask the Docs.  I did get a diuretic during Chemo, but why wait three nights to work?  Sorry to have overemphasized this topic but it's strongly on my mind.  And today I'm feeling very weak.
     Yesterday evening, we saw my GP Dr. Wynne.  Things seemed pretty good.  At this time I don't have to do any diabetes testing.  He gave me an EKG, which I hadn't had in a long time, and everything was fine.  He's also having me take an echo cardiagram just to be safe but it's not scheduled yet.  While I hadn't done any walking during the day on Thursday, I did get a few blocks in coming home from Wynne's office.
     Monday I have my very important CT Scan; but as I've mentioned, we don't see the Docs about it until April 16.
     I find it amusing how researchers can do one or two strange studies, often on animals, and extrapolate it to humans.  I came across a confusing study of fish where some were trained to swim towards a certain color for food and how they influenced untrained fish.  The conclusion, I believe, for humans was that uninformed people may help democracy by going along with the informed.  Maybe Charlie Tuna should run in the primaries. 
     Somewhat related to this are all the books with sub-titles saying how whatever they are writing about changed the world.  It's hard to imagine how many times the world has been critically changed.
     Have a nice weekend and a Happy Passover and/or Easter.

Elkan - Friday afternoon
    

No comments:

Post a Comment