First of all, I forgot to mention that during the MRI a couple of weeks ago, occasionally you can hear quite loudly your blood swooshing around you heart. Also, I don't think I mentioned that I'm taking antibiotics for a week for an apparent sinus infection that I've had for several weeks.
With the next chemo put off until April 24, I was wondering a few days ago if this week would really be a doc free week. Well, I made it only as far as yesterday. I had little nausea on Saturday morning and then a non-sinus headache starting in the afternoon. Sunday I was feeling a little worse from the afternoon on. I had a temperature up to 99.7 but Linda found that worrisome. She called the on-call oncologist at Jefferson who took almost an hour and a half to call back. He rather quickly recommended I come to the emergency room. I told Linda there was no way I was going there for a 99.7 temperature, waiting around for hours and probably being made sicker than if I stayed home. Linda also called our great GP who didn't think it was that serious and who thought it was likely a virus. At least I haven't had to go to any doctor's offices yet this week. We spoke with NP Eleanor this morning and she didn't think it was too serious and that the antibiotics may have been the cause. I'm feeling significantly better so far today.
Because I've been so out of it lately, I haven't showered for a couple of days. Linda just came in and laughed that I hadn't showered yet today as I kept saying I was going to do (I will when I finish this). This reminded me that my older brother occasionally called me pigpen, not for not showering but for playing outside and getting dirty.
Enjoy today's global warming.
Elkan - Monday Afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment