Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tired of being tired

     I'm still tired most of the time.  The last couple of days I was less tired later in the day and able to do more things but not normal.  Linda and I have gone for walks (a mile or so) but they are at a slow pace and not as much as I wish I could do.
     Today I went up to a HUP affiliate (by bus up and back with just a short walk) for blood tests for my GP, related to my glucose count.  Again, I felt and am currently pretty tired.
     George Perrier from Lyon, France has sold his famous Le Bec Fin restaurant, once considered possibly the best restaurant in the country.  Linda and I went there for the first time in Oct. 1973 to celebrate the resignation of Spiro Agnew.  We went with friends, who were both teachers and were celebrating the end of a teacher's strike.
     I hope to complete a March Madness chart in time to get it to my office in time to count.  Other than a few years ago when I won two years in a row, I usually do pretty badly.  I don't follow college basketball or most sports anymore.  I'm still primarily a baseball fan.  This weekend I plan to TiVo the NCAA wrestling championships.  Last March, the championships were in Philly and I had pretty good tickets for all three days (purchased the year before).  This was likely the last significant thing I did before being diagnosed with cancer a week later (I did have intestinal problems at the time, but fortunately they didn't interfere with my attending the wrestling.)
     Last night, like many nights, I have strange dreams about dealing with Amos and my pouches.  It's usually something that I can't remember when I wake up; but it's about some new way of dealing with Amos that in real life doesn't make sense.
     Hope you can enjoy the warm weather.

Elkan - Tuesday around noon

No comments:

Post a Comment