Saturday, March 10, 2012

Razors

     I think I've been better the past three days than I was 2 weeks ago but I do have a lack of energy.  The other day I had to go up two flights of stairs, which I rarely have had to do, and I was huffing and puffing when I got to the top.  I've taken a walks on Thurs. and Fri., about 2 miles each, but slower than I would like and not feeling like doing more.  On one of the walks along our trail, we got back to the track crossover spot just as a slow freight train was coming.  We actually had to wait a full 8 minutes for the train to pass.  Today I feel even more tired.
     A few days ago, I heard on the radio that I believe it was Chubby Checker who had been influenced as a kid by the record "Tubby the Tuba" in the late 1940's because Tubby urged the instruments to work together.  I had this record and it was fun to hear a very brief excerpt with Tubby's deep voice.
     Because my platelets are little low, I have to be more careful about not cutting myself; so I had to get an electric razor.  The directions tell you pretty much everything you need to know except how to get the razor out of the very sealed plastic it came in.  Larry David was once ranting about this on his show until he found a product that would open these plastic seals.  Unfortunately, when the product came it was wrapped in the sealed plastic.
     Another razor story:  For a short time my grandfather lived with us and my father wanted him to try an electric razor.  My grandfather tried it and said he didn't get a very close show.  My father than discovereed that my grandfather hadn't taken off the plastic cover over the blades.
     I did my first shave with the razor today and it was much better than I was expecting.
     I hope I get my strength back in a day or two as next week should be great weather and some exercise would be great.  Have a good weekend.

Elkan - Saturday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment