Today is the one year aniversary of my cancer diagnosis, the good news being I'm still here. Linda recently found her Monty Python t-shirt which is now mine that says, "I'm Not Dead Yet," probably from "Life of Brian." (My original Python t-shirt was the Ministry of Silly Walks.) The date of the prescription for the Percoset (Oxycodone) that I've been using the last two days was on April 18, 2011, the day I left the hospital after the attempted Whipple operation. I never used them until now.
Last night went well as to the jolts, basically none, but I didn't get the sleep I expected. I kept dreaming about different drugs and how I had to be positioned in bed for each one and it kept waking me up. So I'm tired and blah today but hopefully see the doctors tomorrow. I figure that during the 5 1/2 to 6 hours of pain early Saturday morning that I received about 20,000 jolts; and yet I was too stupid to wake Linda for help.
Will Shortz, the puzzle master for the NY Times and NPR, said today that he has played table tennis everyday this year so far and plans to do it for the whole year. Not a bad life: puzzles and ping pong.
Take care,
Elkan - Sunday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment