Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No More Joltin' Joe

     We had lab tests and a meeting with Susan (Littman) and Eleanor yesterday.  They think the jolts might have been caused by the Neulasta shot, which I had 2 days before.  When I had jolts in January, I had the same shot one day before.  But I did have a shot in Feb. without any subsequent jolting action.  I'm also having an MRI on Saturday to see if there are any disk issues that could be the cause.
     I was able to walk with Linda over to Reading Market, about 4 blocks, for lunch and some food for home.  We taxied home.
     I haven't used Percoset for more than a day with no jolting action.  But I do have a cold now although colds aren't usually too bad for me, that is, other aches and pains.  I did take a Bayer aspirin during last night for a mild headache and that reminded me of two childhood "moron" jokes.  Why did the moron tiptoe past the medicine cabinet? 1) He didn't want to embarrass the Bayer aspirin.  and 2) He didn't want to wake up the sleeping pills.
     I walked to the corner pharmacy a little while ago and will try to do some more walking.  Susan and Elanor emphasized the importance of a little exercise.
     Regarding the health care argument, it's interesting that the Mass. plan was supported, if not created by, a  conservative group the American Enterpirse Institute; and Romney, I believe, said the mandate was a conservative idea to require individual responsibility and the Democrats were for people getting free care at the emergency room.  Now under Obamacare, it seems the arugument is completely reversed.  As a liberal, I don't have much confidence in a Supreme Court majority that elected George Bush and decided Citizens United, showing little concern for precedents.  On any other court Justice Thomas would have had to recuse himself with his wife working hard for one side in a case before the Court.

Elkan - Wednesday afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment