The last few days have continued with my being a little tired but otherwise okay. I've still been taking walks but slower and shorter than when I was feeling better a month or so ago. I've been eating well.
I was able to do a lot of cleaning up on Friday as we had friends over for pizza to watch HBO's "Game Change" about Sarah Palin in the last two months of the 2008 campaign. We all thought Julianne Moore's portrayal of Palin was amazing. While Palin supporters may have been upset, it seems that all of Palin's embarassing moments were true. The movie may have exaggerated on her behalf her closeness to her family as I've read some contrary reports that she is not the great mother some have contended. John McCain came off well in the movie.
Today my brother and sister-in-law visited and brought my favorite hot dogs and cookies in addition to other deli. We took a walk and it was so nice out, I decided to see if I still knew how to ride a bike after they left. (I have a cartoon that's about a guy who hadn't ridden in years and couldn't remember how to do it. The picture shows his head on the seat and one leg on the front tire.) I get cold easier now but put on shorts for the first time this year. I was actually able to ride about 2 1/4 miles, which surprised me, but I struggled up the two block modest hill to my house at the end.
Politics alert: It's amazing that the right (Fox and talk radio, including Limbaugh) now consider the Sandra Fluke controversy to be a White House or other Democratic conspiracy. I would appreciate if anyone out there could explain to me how Limbaugh was persuaded by the conspirators to attack Fluke in such a vile way.
On Monday, I have lab tests, see the oncologist and/or NP, and get my chemo and my monthly butt shot.
I hope you all are enjoying the nice weather.
Elkan - Saturday evening
No comments:
Post a Comment