Tuesday, August 16, 2011

   We saw the famous Ave Maria today and got some questions answered and had a last (?) stitch from the colostomy operation removed that was causing a minor problem.
    Linda was reading a book about cancer and the guy stressed exercise.  While I'm a big walker and sometime biker, I've never liked to "work out."  I like the "out" part; it's the "work" part that doesn't appeal to me.  However, if I can turn it into a "playout," then I'm fine.   As a numbers person, I've started to time my walks around Rittenhouse Square so that gives me an incentive to walk quickly.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start biking again as I recover from the port operation.
    Tomorrow night (Wed. 8/17) on ABC Primtime, the Amazing Randi, who is presiding at Rachel's wedding, will be on presumably to counter a psychic who will be demonstrating his craft.
     Soccer alert:  A couple of weeks ago, one of the world's best soccer teams - the Spanish Real Madrid - came to Philly and played our local pro team.  The headline after the game read, "European superpower puts on display of offense."  And the article began, "So this is what one of the world's best soccer teams looks like.  Real Madrid came to Philadelphia demonstrating the pace, the touch, the teamwork and , more important, the skill that has made it such an international soccer power."  And what was the score of this overwhelming show of offensive skill?  ...........................................lower .............................. 2 to 1.  That's why I'm not a big soccer fan.
    Thursday is a big day as I start my new chemo protocol, which includes being hooked up to a pump which infuses through Port Elkan one or more drugs into me at home for the next 46 hours, after which a nurse comes to my house and removes the pump.  This goes on after each chemo session, assuming I have no serious problems with Folfirinox.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Take care,
     Elkan - Tuesday evening

1 comment:

  1. I could use a good walk now and again. When you're ready I'll meet you at the Square.

    ReplyDelete