Today the nurse came over to disconnect me from the pump after 46 hours of 5FU. It was nice to get rid of the fanny pack I'd been carrying around for 2 days. Of course, this gets repeated in two weeks. I went out and had a so-so game of step ball, missing too many balls that I should have caught.
When I was going through Chemo at Jeff on Thursday, a nurse came by and made some comment like it's not seeing but believing and prayer that's important. I told her I believed in science and the people at Jeff. She seemed taken aback.
When I took my first shower after getting the port, Linda had to wrap the bandages in plastic and tape to keep the incision dry. We decided I looked like a wrapped chicken.
When buying wipes for my colostomy process, you go to the diapers department. So I have nice containers with a cute froggie on them.
I've had a little tiredness and slight nausea but mostly have been feeling fine. I've finished with the chemo and related pills tonight so we'll have to see what kind of reactions I have and for how long.
A lot of wedding planning has been going on. Rachel has been very busy with this and we've helped when we can.
Have a good weekend.
Elkan - Saturday night
No comments:
Post a Comment