I got the port installed Friday morning. There was a lot of waiting but everyone at Jefferson was very nice. When the IV guy was talking about finding my latest labs (blood tests), I told Linda I felt like a lab (the dog.) When the nurse in the operating room was shaving my chest, I asked her to trim around my ears. I actually woke up with 10 minutes or so to go in the procedure but wasn't feeling any pain. In fact, I felt pretty good right after the operation but became sorer as the day progressed but today feel much better. I still have to be careful with my right upper body for about two weeks. At least with the port, hopefully I will no longer have to think of the refrain, "Stick me here, stick me there, stick me almost everywhere." Amos, who has been testily testing my intestines for some time now, behaved himself the whole time we were out, most importantly when I was physically out.
Have a nice weekend.
Elkan - Saturday afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment