Not much to report other than that I've had continuing intestinal difficulties since the chemo without any real relief from the various pills and suggestions from doctors and nurses. Linda is working hard to provide me with acceptable foods and trying to get me to eat enough of them.
I hope everyone survived the hurricane okay. Philly wasn't as bad as expected and our MV tenants said everything was okay there, with less rain than expected but high winds. It's amazing that so many stations had 24 hour coverage of the hurricane with so many reporters standing out in the rain and wind. Fortunately, Rachel was not called into work.
A couple of people have suggested that locusts are the next plague to come. I may not mind that as I have been a fan of the 17 year locust since childhood although they come in Baltimore and a couple of Philly suburbs, but not Philly. In fact, I have a jar with 4 locusts from the last time they came to Baltimore around 7 years ago. Rachel liked the locusts when she was around 6 and enjoyed bringing a couple home to scare Linda. At that time she told me she'd go with me the next time around but when she was in her 20's, her attitude towards traveling to see locust was no longer on her list of things to do so I had to drive down to Baltimore myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment