Thursday, August 11, 2011

   Today's medical procedure was in the dungeon, actually the basement, at Wills Eye Hospital, which Jefferson has rented.  Wills Eye is where I have had two successful partially detached retina operations in the past.  This morning I had a PET scan but no idea of the results.  First,I got the traditional IV for a short time to get some drugs and then had to drink a lot of clear fluid that had something important in it while I waited for about an hour and a half.  The actual scan of my chest and stomach area and maybe more took about 35 minutes and is similar to an MRI without the clanging although at least part of the time there was a chirping like crickets.  A lot of the time in the tube I was thinking of one of my favorite movies, Mel Brook's "Twelve Chairs," and was hoping my internal laughing wasn't messing up the scan.  Also, I could see out at both ends and moved in and out a little bit at various intervals.  The only hard part was keeping my arms stretched above my head the whole time.
  After the scan we went to a nearby deli where I had a nice bricket sandwich (but not even close to the actual brisket sandwich I mentioned during our last trip to Baltimore andHopkins.)
   The other day Linda was programming the ring for her new cellphone, which reminded both of us of the time I had her phone with me at the supermarket and was appreciating that the market was periodically piping in some nice classical music until I finally realized it was Linda's phone ringing.
  Yesterday, I had a brief meeting on the 27th floor of an office building.  While waiting for the elevator to leave, I saw a praying mantis on the outside of the window and from the conversation of a couple of people there this was a rare event.  I took the elevator to the 20th floor to see an old friend and while waiting in his firm's lobby, saw another different praying mantis outside the window where I was sitting (on the other side of the building).  My friend's secretary said she had never seen a praying mantis.  I took pictures of both of them.  Pretty unusual.  I'll leave it to those who don't believe in random occurrences to determine the meaning.
   Tomorrow I get a new geographic destination on my body:  Port Elkan.
   Take care,
   Elkan - Thursday night
  

No comments:

Post a Comment