Since we didn't have any more doctor's visits planned this week after 4 hours Monday at Jeff, we decided that I'd see the dermatologists at HUP today. Actually this was planned. I've had minor skin problems, some but not all of which, may be related to chemo. We saw a resident and Dr. Stanley (I presume), the former head of the dept. who looked like the older doctor you might see on a soap opera like General Hospital (actually my only reference might be the hospital show in "Tootsie," a great movie which I assume you've all seen.) Fortunately, Dr. Stanley decided that nothing was serious enough to merit current treatment, especially considering that I had enough going on without them piling on.
I saw an afternoon matinee today at my local library branch of the old Marlene Dietrich movie Blue Angel. It was mostly an elderly audience (and I don't mean around 50 as mentioned in a prior blog entry.) I felt a little sorry for the guy in front of me. 2 seats to his right was a guy who made more continuous noise than I ever heard in a movie trying to get things out of bags for nearly hour; and then Amos was expressing himself several times during the first hour. Behind me was a guy waving his cap back and forth, I guess for a breeze although it wasn't bad, and you could hear a little beat from it, also just for the first hour. And for the first 15 minutes the film was in German with no subtitles but finally the library caught on and re-started it with subtitles. At least it was free. For a while the film was kind of dull about a professor who tries to prevent his students from attending the Blue Angel cabaret. But the movie becomes very moving after the prof falls for Dietrich, a performer there, and later becomes a sad, pathetic individual.
I did a little biking yesterday but was out of shape and got tired quickly so only did about 3 1/2 miles. Today was better and Linda and I walked over and back from HUP.
No more docs or hospitals until Monday. The Phillies have been great!
Elkan - Wed. night
No comments:
Post a Comment